Sunday 30 March 2008

It's getting very close now... It will Start... here...>

Well, this is the last entry for March... this time next week I'll be there, resting, testing kit, and preparing for the start! Gulp!
On arrival at Hosea Kutako International airport in Windhoek on 5Th April, we transfer for 4 hours to the starting point in the Namib Desert, where our camp will be set-up in the shadow of the stunning Brandtberg Mountain – Namibia’s highest peak standing at 2,573 metres.
Sunday 6Th will be taken up with a mandatory kit check of the compulsory items, resting, and fuelling up by carbohydrate loading and hydrating, ready for the start at 09:00 on the 7Th.

I only have a couple of gentle runs left this week, there is very little I can do physically now except avoid any injury. So now the mental preparation comes into play.
I have confidence that I can go the distance, based on the physical preparation I've done, and the pace strategy I am working to, now I need to focus on the mental strength required, and the psychological battle that will come with the fatigue, and relentless effort required over the final 20 miles.
more later... see you all soon.

No comments: